Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Top Five Blogging Rules

Here are five simple blogging rules that I follow:

1. No music.  I don't have music playing on my blogs because whenever I visit a blog which plays music, I become agitated and usually click off immediately. This is because I'm usually playing music of my own when online and someone else's music interferes.  If you insist on having music on your blog, make it optional by installing a music button. Make sure your music button is easy to find and at the top of the page for quick access.

2. Have a front page profile picture.  You can have another picture or two on another page if you have an "about" page, but a head shot of some sort on your front page is a must.  Whenever I visit a blog, one of the first things I look for is a profile picture of the blog writer. I want to see who I'm reading!

3. Have a short front page bio.  Just a few lines about yourself will do.  Just like a profile pic, a short bio is another of the first things I look for when I visit a blog.

4. Link your links.  Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.....link all your links so that you are easy to find. Most sites have buttons that can be installed for this very purpose.

5. Have fun!  I realize blogging can be serious business, but your mood comes across to your readers, so have fun with your blogs and let that attitude shine through.

~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment