Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Working Through Obstacles

Obstacles can either stop us, slow us down or challenge us.  I suppose there are more options, but those three are my focus today. The bottom line is, obstacles are there. Each and every one of us has a myriad of obstacles in the way of what we want to do.  I have always had obstacles to my writing. When I was a child, writing in my hollow tree, the weather, my dad's violent fits, one of my siblings or even a spider could be an obstacle to my writing.  I was not about to share my space with a spider!

I don't want to allow my obstacles to stop me or slow me down. This week, it's been a real challenge to keep my focus on writing.  There are many reasons why, but if I don't get busy writing, those reasons, as valid as they might be, will quickly turn into excuses.

What about you?  What are your obstacles?  Are they real obstacles or new excuses?

Just sayin'.
~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment