Monday, October 8, 2012

My Top 5 Blogging Tips

Lately as I've done a little blog hopping, I noticed a few things about some blogs that appeal to me and I noticed a few things that didn't appeal to me.  I've condensed my observations into five different tips which might improve your own blogging performance:


1. Be concise. Most people do not want to read a long, drawn-out story in a blog.  Blog readers are mostly looking for concise information they can gather quickly.

2. Use good grammar. This may seem obvious, but you might be surprised at how many people do not edit their blog posts before publishing.

3. Set links open in a new tab. It personally frustrates me when I click on a link in a blog and it takes me off the current page.

4. Do not have music playing on your blog.  I often have my own music going when I'm working on my computer, so random blog music annoys me. My response is generally to click off that blog immediately.

5. Use pictures.  Pictures are a great way to break up paragraphs, give a visual which draws a reader in, and they give Pinterest something to publish!

This list is by no means comprehensive, but represents several things on my mind during a recent blog hop. I'm sure this list will continue to grow!

Happy Blogging!
~Tricia



No comments:

Post a Comment