Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Write

I write. I am a writer. I write all the time, daily actually. Most of what I write does not get published, but I write anyway.

Sometimes I write and find it therapeutic, as is the case with my book, Victory Over Violence.

Sometimes I write because something so deeply touched me that I have to put it down on paper, as with my book, Tears in a Bottle.

Other times, I write because I have information that I think others will find helpful, like in my book, How to Not Potty Train Your Kids.

I write for many reasons. When stuff happens in my life, I write about it. When stuff happens around me, I write about it. When I feel passionate about something, I write about it. When I feel silly, I write.

I've written songs, poems, books, short stories, Bible studies, a memoir, silliness, doctrine and kids' stories. I don't publish all my writings, but I write them just the same. I mostly write non-fiction, but am working on a few fiction projects and finding it interesting to say the least.

Reading my old, unpublished writings helps me improve my writing. Sometimes, I'll read through old writings only to be thankful I never sought to have them published. Other times, I read through them and wonder why I didn't have them published....then I sell them to an editor/publisher and get paid.

Writers write.
I am a writer.
I write.
What about you?
~Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment