Tuesday, December 16, 2014

1,500 Years of Reading

I've recently stepped up a major writing project that I've been working on in a slower mode for the past couple of years. In my efforts to be accurate and remain true to my topic, I have found myself reviewing ancient writings of different theologians of days past for historical input. One such writer, Theodoret of Cyrus, lived from 393 - 460 A.D. My project is summed up here and here.

Imagine his writings still being read today, over 1,500 years later! The power of the written word should not be underestimated.

The Bible, much of it written long before this man's writings, is still the most-read book in all of history.

What you write today matters. It matters to today's audience and will matter in the audience of generations to come.

So, write.
Write often.
Write well.
Just write.

~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment