Saturday, December 27, 2014

What I Don't Read

I read a few blogs on a regular basis. There are some things that immediately turn me away from some blogs, however, and I rarely read their content and there are a few reasons why.

1. I don't read content that is dotted with ALL CAPS. When text is in all caps, it is akin to shouting. It does not come across as simply emphasis; it comes across as shouting. I don't need to be shouted at and I do not listen to people who shout at me unless they are saving my life from imminent danger. If you have content that needs emphasis, try putting it in bold letters or italicize the words.

2. I don't read blogs that play music. I am often listening to my own music, or working along side my kids who are studying in our home school, so music suddenly blasting from a blog or website is highly disruptive and unwelcome. I exit immediately and don't read the content.

3. I don't read content that is filled with errors. A typo here and there is one thing; we all make mistakes, but I can tell when someone has not edited their content. It's hard to read and comprehend content that is filled with errors. Edit your work. Better yet, have an outside editor edit your work. You will get more readers. I might be one of them.

These three reasons keep me from reading certain blogs and web content. If you want more readers, take heed to these three issues.

Write often.
Write well.
Just write.
~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment