Tuesday, October 27, 2015

It's Too Late to Wait

I recently met a woman with a story to tell. She found out I'm a writer and began to tell me her story, in a nutshell, and said she'd like to write a book about her story one day. Her story is interesting and intriguing.

I asked, "Why not now?"

She said she was going to wait till her children were out of college and didn't need her so much. Then I dropped a bombshell on her. I said, "It's too late to wait, you've already started," and when she looked at me in surprise, I explained that the thinking process of any book, article or blog post is part of the writing process.

Yes, it's too late to wait; you've already started if you are so much as thinking about writing a book.

Write often.
Write well.
Just write.
~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment