Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Why I Write #2 - Because I Should

Last week I started blogging about the reasons I write. These reasons aren't in any particular order; I'm simply blogging about them as they occur to me. I blogged first about writing because I can.

Today I'm blogging about another reason.

I write because I should.

I should write because I often write about abuse. I believe writing about abuse will help someone else who is going through abuse.

I know abuse well and I know the tactics abusers try. I love teaching others what to look for and helping them recognize abuse and also helping them recover from abusive relationships.

Not everyone is happy when I write about abuse. I get plenty of arguments and warnings in my inbox and they leads me to question myself.

When I question myself on writing about abuse, I always come back to two things:
What if I write it and it makes a difference in one person's life?
What if I don't write it and miss an opportunity to make a difference in one person's life?

Newsflash to abusers: I don't care what you think. I'm not writing for your benefit; I'm writing for your victims and targets.

So, I write.
And I write about abuse.
And I will continue to write.
And I will continue to write about abuse.
Because I should.
(And, for the record, I should write even when I don't write about abuse, but this blog post just covers the abuse portion of my writings.)

Write often.
Write well.
Just write.
~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment