Monday, October 24, 2016

Overcoming Failure - Part 2

Every writer fails, no matter how successful they are. In my book, Writing for Publication, I talk about failure, how it's inevitable and how to overcome it as a writer.



Today, I'm sharing my second point on how to overcome failure and rejection as a writer. I think of this point as logic at work.


Don't let rejection slow you down.

Realize and accept that rejection is part of the job of writing for publication.

If you accept this, it will not surprise you when it happens.

It's a given, par for the course.

It truly cannot be avoided.

What you need to do is file the rejection away....

then keep writing without missing a beat.


There will more on this in my next post and point 3 goes along with this point very well. I have been a regular writer for one publishing house for over 27 years, yet I still get rejected by them from time to time. I don't care. If one article is rejected by one arm of the company, I submit it to another. If they reject it, I'll submit it elsewhere or publish it on Ezine or one of my blogs. Not every submission if viable for every publishing house every time. 

Write often.
Write well.
Just write.
~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment